Thursday, August 26, 2010

The man behind the jellyfish.


Hi everyone, Matt Covington here. While most of you may know me through school and Illustration 2, I wanted to drop in and kind of let people know what to expect from this blog. There will be a good deal of doodles and illustrations with hopefully a few high quality polished ones each week.  Most of it..probably won't make a lick of sense as I tend to just pour things out onto the page without thinking about them unless it is a particularly specific piece. Be warned,  as my header up above shows, I like to draw aquatic life quite often. So, while I toned it back alot for the first week, expect a quite a few octopi, jellyfish, and pirate babies. I dunno, something about them having semi-free form amorphous shapes make them entertaining to draw. Nothing says fun like a chubby baby with an eye patch fighting a giant squid atop a coral reef.

No comments:

Post a Comment